Everun is delighted to have been able to support the local community and beyond for the year of 2022.
We strive to help support those in need and we’re proud to give a bit back to a number of incredible charitable causes this year. Here’s some of the work Everun has completed throughout last year:
- £1,300 was raised for Brain Injury Matters by one of our staff members by abseiling off Belfast Castle which is in aid of a trek to the Sahara in March 2022
- We had a team relay at the Belfast City Marathon this year in October with several team members raising money for Brain Injury Matters
- On behalf of Ovarian Cancer Action, our MD took part in The London Marathon to raise awareness and funds for OCA
- We supported the #SignTheBlade campaign where we donated a blade from one of our Wind Turbine Generators to Greenpeace UK’s campaign to secure offshore workers easy access to sustainable green jobs in renewable energy, as well as supporting the transition from oil and gas to renewable energy
- We sponsored the Gulf Islands Secondary School Robotics team with a donation to aid their endeavours competing in the VEX Robotics Competition.
At Christmas we supported a number of charities, with a combined donation of £2,000:
- North Belfast Foodbank
- The Welcome Organisation
- VOYPIC Toy Appeal
- The DEC Appeal for Afghanistan
Here’s a quick overview of the incredible work each of these charities do and how donations like ours helped.
The North Belfast Foodbank
The North Belfast Foodbank provided meals for 827 adults and 656 children in 2020. The North Belfast Foodbank project was founded to help alleviate poverty in North Belfast. The food is then sorted and stored where professionals identify people in need so that those who need it can receive their food.
The Welcome Organisation
The Welcome Organisation helps people affected by homeless through a range of services including a Drop-in Centre, Street Outreach service, Crisis Accommodation for Women, Floating Support service and their Welcome Home Project.
VOYPIC (Voice of Young People In Care) is a charity for children and young people with a lived experience of care in Northern Ireland with the mission to promote the rights and voice of children in care and care leavers.
DEC Afghanistan Crisis Appeal
We’ve supported DEC (Disasters Emergency Committee) Afghanistan Crisis Appeal. The DEC Appeal for Afghanistan aims to save, protect and rebuild lives through effective humanitarian response with the ongoing crisis in Afghanistan.
The Deadlift’s Christmas Single
Everun also paired up with the Northern Irish quartet ‘The Deadlift’s’ during the Holiday season where Everun will be matching the donations for their new Christmas song.
The Deadlift’s Christmas single ‘Christmas Trees’ was released to raise funds for the NI Hospice. Through donations they are able to offer specialist palliative care to infants, children and adults across Northern Ireland when they need it most. The Deadlifts have released a music video to help reach their goal in raising money for the NI Hospice.
Here’s to a great year and we are looking forward to working with our charity partners and achieving our aim of making a positive contribution to society in 2022.
Happy New Year!